The Platform Shetland team has a wide range of skills, from copywriting through photography to video production, which we tailor to your needs. Our aim is always to help you present yourself in a highly professional manner, whether to the media or to the public directly.
- Huge knowledge and understanding of national and local media
- An extensive network of contacts in the media and beyond
- Great ability in public relations, from communications strategy to crisis management to internal communications
- First-class writing skills, in everything from news releases to annual reports
- Expertise in graphic design, photography and video production
- A strong track record in writing, designing and publishing books
Our services include:
- News release and social media writing
- Communications strategy
- PR campaigns
- Crisis management
- Media training
- Internal communications
- Event management
- Book and brochure publication
- Bid writing and copy writing
Who we work with:
Our approach is to work closely with you to ensure you engage with the media and the wider public as effectively as possible.
Our clients include Anderson Butchers and Da Steakhoose, Bon Accord Accountancy, Energy Isles, Frankie’s Fish & Chips (voted the UK's No.1 fish and chip shop in 2015), Irvine Interiors, Restrata/BP, the Scottish Fishermen's Federation, the Scottish White Fish Producers' Association, Shetland Aerogenerators, Shetland Charitable Trust, The Shetland Distillery Company, Shetland Fishermen’s Association, Shetland FM, Shetland Recreational Trust, SHEAP and SLAP.
“Our collaboration with Paul Riddell of Platform Shetland had an immediate and positive impact. Apart from dramatically raising our profile in the media that matter to our industry, Platform Shetland provides us with thoroughly professional and timely advice on a whole range of PR issues that crop up day to day. It would be difficult to overstate the value of this kind of expertise.” – Simon Collins, Executive Officer, Shetland Fishermen's Association